None of us told our families that we were coming, which is actually okay in the Samoan culture. In fact, I prefer it this way because it is more flexible. I spent the evening dancing with the women that were practicing for church the next day and playing Bingo with the large group that comes to my family's house every Saturday night.
Church on Sunday morning was interesting. Thank God I sat with Holly, Marques and John because it ended up being FOUR HOURS LONG! It was interesting because I don't think there was any church service, just dancing, skits and gift giving. After church I waited for my family to eat To'ana'i (Sunday brunch) and then I was going to bike home with Marques.
Marques and I decided to check out Falefa Falls on our way back.
We explored a little bit and got some awesome views of the ocean.
We met up with Brian, Mari and Andrew and headed back to Apia. The ride took about two hours, but it was beautiful and great exercise. It encouraged me to get the nerve up to take a bike tour of the Upolu island.
No comments:
Post a Comment