Monday, April 17, 2006

Journey on the Pisikoamobile (aka my bike)

Today was the last day of our 5 day weekend (Holy Thursday, Good Friday and Easter Monday), so Candice and I decided to go on a long bike ride. We left at 8:00 AM and headed down East Coast Road for Piula Cave Pool. The 25+ mile ride took about 1 ½ hours, which included two stops for picture taking. The view was spectacular. The road is windy and has a fabulous view of the ocean. As I was riding, I chased the sun-gleamed waves.



Shortly after we arrived at the pool, the Unoi family (Pastor Samoa’s family) showed up with some visitors from ENLI (Every Nation Leadership Institute) in Auckland. My Kiwi friends from church also showed up – pictured from left to right: Janita, Erin, Charlotte and I – and we spent some time swimming in the cave and jumping off the cliffs with them before we left.




The ride back was much more difficult, as the sun was at it’s peak and my back was tired of leaning over for such a long time. Nevertheless, I thoroughly enjoyed the magnificent ocean and stopped for another photo.

No comments: