Friday, February 24, 2006

My second week of teaching was much more rewarding. One of my Math classes was given to a teacher who just arrived from New Zealand, so that freed up four hours a week of teaching for me. I am going to be working together with him to ensure that we are teaching the girls effectively. By the end of the week, I looked more forward to going to my Math class than my computer classes. The girls would get excited when I came in and disappointed when the bell rang – indicating that class was over. I was pleased to know that they were so enthusiastic about Math. At one point I wrote a problem on the board, turned around and saw almost every hand raised asking me if they could come up to the board to work the problem. I fell in love with these girls this week. It gave me great joy to go to their class and teach them Math.

Tonight I went to a dedication ceremony for a discipleship program that they are bringing to Samoa. I misunderstood, thinking that it was orientation for the school and ended up being the only one dressed in casual wear. I was quite embarrassed when I realized that the Prime Minister was there! The evening ended with a lovely dinner. I talked to a Pastor from the US who is now living in Australia. It was refreshing to see an American face that was a fellow believer in Christ.

No comments: