Monday, February 06, 2006

Laundry Saga

Because of the rain, clothes will not dry after they’ve been washed (especially hand washed), even when you put a fan on them for 24 hours. On Friday I decided to go to the Laundromat after school (which apparently was the most popular thing to do in town). I called a taxi and we arrived at the Laundromat about 4:30. They were closed (they normally close at 8 PM). They were so backed up that they had to close early. He drove me to another one and I ran inside to find out that their dryers were down. He drove me to yet another one and I ran inside and asked if I would be able to dry my clothes. She said “yes” and so I paid my driver and then started washing my clothes. When I was finished she told me that I would have to come back tomorrow to dry my clothes. I stood outside for about 5 minutes in the pouring rain trying to wave down a taxi. I got home and called another taxi to take me to a Laundromat that I could drop off my clothes, have them dry and then pick them up tomorrow. The taxi driver so kindly offered to pick them up for me on Saturday and then deliver them to my house. Overall, I ended up spending over $45 on doing my laundry, but I must admit that it is well worth it to have clean, dry clothes.

No comments: