Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Fellowship at Pastor Samoa's house

Sunday morning’s sermon was delivered by Pastor Samoa’s wife. It was a message about birthing dreams that God has given you. She talked about how if your dream is easy to attain, the dream is not from God because the dreams from God require His strength so that He may receive the glory when the dream is brought to life. She continued to explain that there are lies that the enemy wants you to believe so that you will give up on the dream that God has given you. The message confirmed in me that my being here is a dream that is from God and that I must press on and find my strength in Him. I know that He will do/is doing amazing things in my heart and in the hearts of others through this experience.

Pastor Samoa invited me over to his house for Toanai (Sunday lunch). I went with four other girls from New Zealand (they are teachers and about my age). We met several other people from church there and ate an abundance of great food. The girls took me home a few hours later and I opted for a bike ride other than a nap. It has been raining so much here lately that I always take any opportunity to ride my bike and get some exercise.

Sunday night was another fabulous sermon from Pastor Samoa. He talked about renewing our minds and making the choice every day to follow Christ and obey the will of God. After the service I went to tafao (hang out) with Dave at the pastor’s house. We copied a bunch of music from my laptop to his desktop (via the new flash drive from mom and dad – thanks :-).

We had a staff meeting this morning at school. We started the meeting with prayers, songs and spiritual reflection. What better way to prepare for the school year! I realized and thanked God for placing me in a country and school that worships and centers life around Him. We were split up into departments and then tried to come up with a list of needed resources, school activities and budgets for those activities. We then met and discussed them with the whole staff. I was very impressed with the organization of the meeting – it flowed very well. We were served lunch and then met to go over one more item – the school schedule. My schedule seems pretty easy – 4 hours of computer studies, 8 hours of math and 1 hour of PE each week.

No comments: