Monday, February 06, 2006

Faith in the Desert

Pastor Samoa is in New Zealand, so his wife gave the sermon last night. She said that God has placed a message on her heart, “Do not fear, for I am with you”. She said that she was sure that there were people there that God was trying to speak to through her. At first I thought that I wasn’t one of those people until she said “do you feel like your heart is not in it?” You pray, read the Word and worship but your heart is not completely focused on Him? I was captured. She went on to say that the enemy is good at kill, steal and destroy and that because we are God’s property, we are a threat to the enemy and he will stop at nothing to kill, steal and destroy. When we are going through the desert, we are to keep faith, knowing that God will see us through. Only then, will we survive the storm. God is looking for faith and if it is not there, He will pass us by. Not because He does not love us, but because without faith, He cannot work through us. Trials and tribulations are necessary, as our testimonies are built on them. When we have faith, God will see us through and He will be glorified when our despair is replaced with joy!

No comments: