
Girl's Siva Dance

Our Drummer for the Night
Our country director asked us to do the dances that we learned for our training village farewell fiafia as there was a diplomat visiting from Washington DC and she wanted him to get a little Samoan flavor. Our regular drummer couldn't make it so I convinced the pastor's son to come play for us. Our entire group, excluding two members, showed up to practice our dances. We finished, waited for the Peace Corps staff to show up and then put on our performance. We all did really well and had a great time being together as a group again. We were served dinner and then Candice and I got a ride home with Torrey and David (the pastor's sons).
Today Candice and I rode our bikes to Palolo Deep to do some snorkeling and hang out on the beach. We were later met by Ryan and Brian. It was great to swim around and be in the ocean world for a few hours (and for $2 you can't beat that). We rode back to my house and I cooked some rolls stuffed with beef, onions and cabbage (thanks for the recipe mom)! Candice and I decided that we can stuff those rolls with anything and found it humorous that we were having fun devising plans to try new baking things (oh what you can do with free time).
No comments:
Post a Comment