Sunday our trainers took us to the beach for a “cultural experience”. It was absolutely gorgeous. I tried snorkeling for the first time and was in heaven. It was beautiful and I was at peace with the fish until they started biting everyone. I was a lucky one and did not get bit, but apparently the fish are not like they are in other places. The ocean here in Samoa is so “untouched” that the sea life is “wild”, if you will. We are going to have a water safety class soon, so I’m sure that I will begin to understand more about the ocean here in Samoa then.
Our trainers prepared food for us – tuna sandwiches and yellow-fin tuna sashimi. They really spoil us, ya know. I love it, they are taking care of us and making sure that we are well fed and educated on the culture and life here in Samoa.
We were about to leave and a Samoan man asked us if we wanted to drink some coconut juice and we said “yes”. He then brought us over to the coconut tree, climbed up the tree, knocked down some coconuts, removed the husks and then cracked them open so that we could drink out of them. It was great!
I went off and had some alone time – listening to the ocean waves as they crashed, reading my pocket Bible; praying and listening to and praising God. What an incredible time of fellowship with Him!
Fa’aSamoa continues to amaze me with its beauty - the lush green plants and trees as well as the majestic waters. If you have any chance to visit me, it is well worth the 10 hour flight from LA.
5 comments:
Your posts are so awesomely cool!!! I love joining your journey :-)
Sara - glad to see your blog up and running! Keep us all posted with lots of pics. Just an FYI - I have left Echostar and am joining Duane Thayer at his new company and he is doing very well. Earl
Earl - send me an email! I would love to talk to you!
Sara - I'm so encouraged by reading your blog. Please keep posting!
We serve a good God and I enjoy hearing how He is keeping you, blessing you, and growing you.
Unto Him, SW
Steve - thanks for the encouragement as always. I am so blessed to have you there to uplift me - even overseas! I miss all you "middle spacers"
Post a Comment