Friday, October 21, 2005

Off to the Village

Today we leave for the village to live with a family for nine days. I won't be able to post during that time, but I will keep a journal and post as much as I can when I get back.

Last night we had a girl talk with some of the current PC volunteers. It was great - they really put some excitement into us and we are all pumped up to meet our family. I keep envisioning meeting my Samoan family for the first time. I am excited to get involved with the village prayer time (every night at 6:30) and going to the Samoan church on Sunday. I guess they also have a river and waterfall very close by. Unfortunately I am not going to be my camera this time, as we are going to leave all valuables behind until we can feel the situation out. Rest assured, we are going back after a few days of the hotel for another week, and I will take lots of pictures that time around.

4 comments:

Sherrie said...

Sara ~ I am already missing you! We are praying for you ... your heart and your impact ... Can't wait to read about your adventure and family! Love, Sherrie

Ken said...

I am proud of you for being so brave to step out like you have. I know that this will be a wonderful adventure and God has a ton of exciting stuff to show you. Remember, it's ok to have a boat load of fun. Enjoy this really awesome season in your life. You will be a bright light where you are.
Ken

Anonymous said...

What is so neat is to see Paul's teaching lived out through you. As he spoke to us about stepping out in faith, God was using his words to speak to you.

You are in our prayers each day.

Do you want me to start sending Paul's sermons?

Sara said...

Thanks everyone.

Thanks for letting me know, mom. I didn't realize you had to put Western Samoa on the address.

Mike - I would love the sermons. Thanks!!