Aso Sa = Sunday in Samoan. Sundays are big in Samoa - everyone dresses in their “Sunday best” and goes to church and relaxes all day. At the village church all the trainees were dressed really nice (by their families). Before going inside of the church, people would go up to a table and make donations to the church, and at the end of the service, the names and the amounts of money that donated were read to the whole church.
This was another hard day for me, as I really started missing my friends and family at Grace Chapel. One of the gifts that I received from my dear friends was a notebook of letters of encouragement that each friend wrote to get me through this time. They told me to wait to read it until I really needed it, and I really needed it today. It was such a wonderful experience and I thoroughly enjoyed going through them and gaining strength through their uplifting words of encouragement. Thank you my dear, dear friends. I love you and miss you tons.
Sunday, October 23, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment