Saturday, October 22, 2005

Day Two in the Village

I never thought I would enjoy waking up to pigs, cows and roosters, but that is how I woke up this morning. My host mom gave me a new puletasi (lava lava with matching top) to wear to school. She made sure that I told everyone that I got it from her. After school my brother walked me down to the training fale and kids kept coming out of the bushes to follow us. By the time we got to the training center we had a mob of children following us. I was thinking about spending two years here in Samoa and I started having a panic attack. I could not even fathom spending two whole years here when I could barely make it through two weeks. I talked to the female trainer, Leata, and she encouraged me and told me that she was there for us because she knows that it is hard. She gave me a burst of energy to get through the rest of the day. One of my best friends here, Candice, told me to seek refuge in reading the Bible when I am feeling down about being so far away. That was a huge encouragement from me because she is not even a believer!

No comments: