So on Sunday, I was walking to church with a fever (sick from Indian food the night before) and suddenly I hear “excuse me, can I ask you a question?”
I turn to see a guy standing there, “yes” I said.
“Are you married?”
“No”.
“Can I be your friend?”
In
Samoa, ‘friend’ means boyfriend or girlfriend so I replied “no” again.
He continued to try to ask more questions when I interrupted telling him that I was late for church.
He asked if he could come and I told him “yes” – hoping that God would speak to him in church.
He sat next to me, I could smell stale alcohol on him, as if he was partying the night before.
Then during the service, he kept trying to touch me using that old not-so-smooth move (think…yawn, stretch, arm is around the girl).
Right before church was over he asked me if he could talk to me after church and I hesitantly said “yes.”
My friends surrounded me after church telling me that he was trying to touch me during the service.
They kept me away from him and then told me that they were going to give me a ride home so that he wouldn’t follow me.
I told him good-bye and got into the car with Lorna and Fila.
When I got home I told Candice what happened and then went to bed to try to sleep off the fever.
Shortly after, someone knocked on the door.
Candice was guarded and explained the guy later and it was him!
He was apparently looking for a “Tongan” (he is a Tongan visiting Samoa for another week) – she was very stand-offish and sent him to our next door neighbors who are from
Tonga.
No comments:
Post a Comment