True Love
I was feeling pretty down at the end of the day: not only about what was going on, but more so about my relationship with the Lord lately. I have been feeling a little dry and felt really convicted about something I read in the book “Surprised by the Power of the Spirit.” Jack Deere said that part of loving God was being passionate about Him. How can we love strictly out of obedience? Would a wife be satisfied if her husband was just loving her out of duty? He argues that love is not just the mental choice, but a heart choice. If there is no heart, no emotion, it is not love. I have not felt an emotional connection lately and have started questioning how much I love the Lord. I decided to take a walk to town and talk to the Lord about everything that was going on. As soon as I stepped out of my door, Janita pulled up. She asked me what I was doing and I told her I was going to town. She told me to get in and took me around. She treated me to a smoothie at Sydney Side CafĂ© and we just talked about everything. She did wonders for me by just listening and telling me that it was okay that I was feeling this way. She reminded me of Footsteps and said that the God is still with me. He is holding me even though I feel distant. He is even closer to me! Wow. It brought tears to my eyes…there’s that emotion that I have been longing for! We were talking later about one of her gifts. She has had dreams and visions that have come to pass. We were trying to discern if it was a form of prophesy. I told her that I didn’t know what I wanted to do, but when I get home I don’t know if I want to go directly into Missions, I want to work and spread the Word of God that way. She said “plus, you are going to be pregnant.” She was shocked and said that she just had a vision of me being pregnant and she didn’t even realize what she was saying. I was so overcome with joy! She and I shared excitement and tears! I told her what a blessing she had been today and how I needed her and she must have known. She then told me that I had been on her mind all day and she had tried to call me all day but couldn’t get through and so she just drove over. Wow!! God really came through for me today. He used Janita to speak to me, reassure me and lift me up!
No comments:
Post a Comment