Thursday, June 29, 2006


I went to Savaii last weekend with Charlotte and Kirsten. I hadn't spent very much time with Kirsten before and had a wonderful time getting to know her better. We took Kirsten's car on the ferry and then drove around the island all day on Saturday (it only takes 4 hours to drive around the entire island). We stopped to take photos and then visited the blowholes.

Back to work this week...we had a visitor from Rome - Sister Judith Moore, head of the entire order of missionary nuns in the world. Instead of having school on Tuesday, we had a special mass for her and then came back to school to have an ava ceremony and perform dances for her. We ended the day with a big feast.

On Wednesday a nun from Vailoa had a massive heart attack. She was only in her 60s and well loved by all that knew her. Sister Pele and the others that were close to her are having a hard time. St. Mary's is part of the "family" with the nuns in Vailoa, so we are going to be participating in the funeral on Saturday. I will post information about the funeral, as they are quite different than the way that we have them in the US.

Also on Wednesday, Lorna, Fila and I decided to start a 12 week challenge. The winner of the challenge will get a nice dinner and money to buy a puletasi. We each have our own goals. We measured ourselves after we went for a run.

That's it for now...I will be sure to update this blog more often.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I keep reading. Kisses.