Sunday, January 01, 2006

New Year's

WYAM kids performing
Peace Chapel Worship Band



A lady from church invited me to a New Years party at the YWAM camp. All the people that I met from YWAM had just left for outreach this week, but the directors were having a party there. There was a new group of kids doing their outreach in Samoa that just arrived yesterday.

We ate dinner and the YWAM kids put on many performances including dances, singing and a play. As we were waiting for the 2006 roll in, we pulled out a guitar and sang some worship songs. What a great way to ring in the new year! Some people shared testimonies and praises. We were sitting there and the director told us about a vision he had when they were building the camp. He saw many people hanging out there from several countries all over the world. We then realized that out of 17 people that were there, 11 countries were being represented: Samoa, Tonga, Australia, Canada, Germany, Switzerland, New Zealand, South Africa, Korea and the United States. It was a beautiful experience and a great way to start off the new year.

Today I went to church and the service was awesome, as usual. Pastor Samoa delivered a powerful message and then we all turned in our lists of what our heart desires from our Father. After the service the pastor invited me over to his house for lunch. I got in the van with his kids and they drove me over to the house and me and the Aussie guy were served lunch with the family. I hung out with the oldest son for a while, getting to know him better. We watched football and I really enjoyed that, feeling like I was somewhat connected to the States as I was watching the live game.

We drove to the pastor’s village and I got to see where he grew up. I met many nice people and continued to have great theological conversations with the pastor’s son. They dropped me off at about 6 PM.

I am very happy here in Samoa. The people are so friendly, and I feel like I have an extended family, as the pastor has made me feel like part of his family. I am excited that I am integrating well into my community and look forward to what God has planned for me in the next couple of years.

1 comment:

Ken said...

I am so glad that you feel so much peace.