Monday, December 12, 2005

Farewell – December 9


Fale picked me up early for the fiafia (I had to call him and beg him to pick me up) and we went to get Holly. She wanted to be a princess for the fiafia, so I told her we would put makeup on and be pretty. When I saw Mari’s green shiny puletasi I told her I had the perfect color of eye shadow for her as well. The girls all had me put makeup on them because they didn’t know how. When we finished, we went and had ‘ava that Silao brought for us.
We had an ava ceremony with the highly respected talking chiefs and then the fiafia started. The village put on 3-4 dances for us. They were great! We did our dances and I’m pretty sure that we did a darn good job.
Setu drove us home and I was awestruck by this amazing rainbow. He stopped the car and let me take some pictures.

No comments: