Thursday, November 17, 2005

Love and Earthquakes


I woke up very early in the morning to cows mooing very close to my room. After hearing one cow moo all day long, I asked my host sister what that was all about and found out that the cow’s mother had been killed a couple of days ago and the baby cow was in mourning since L

I realized that my family truly loves me without knowing me and that is a beautiful thing. At first, this really freaked me out, and I immediately thought that they wanted something from me. I have since realized that I am the one that needs a lesson in love because we are called to love everyone regardless of who they are and where they come from. I now know that God is working on my heart on this. It is difficult for me to love strangers and I can learn so much from my host family because they have it down.

Tonight I was lying in bed, listening to a John Piper sermon (thanks Adam) and my bed shook. At first I thought something was under my bed, and then I thought it was some sort of spiritual warfare. I found out the next morning that I experienced my first earthquake - pretty exciting for a Colorado girl.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sara, just read your email and blog tonight. I miss you, but am so excited at what the Lord is doing in your life. The kids are all doing well, Judah is growing and maturing. I'm sorry for not praying for you like I should, I'll step it up. I'll write to you soon.

Sean

Anonymous said...

Miss your smiling face. Your stories are so fun, heart warming, and exciting. You truly are an example for all to follow. How exciting to see someone living out that which many of us can only dream about because we are too afraid. Thanks for letting me live this experience through you.