Sunday, October 09, 2005

Bon Voyage Bash


The day began with family pictures in the park. We then all had a picnic in the park and my mom said something about me leaving tomorrow and anxiety hit me like a ton of bricks.

Brent agreed to give me a ride on his motorcycle, and strangely so, it relaxed my mind and spirit. After running a few errands we went to the Stable for the party. My beautiful friends Megan and Joy decorated the house and made the day very special. Everyone laid hands on me and lifted me up with prayers and encouraging words.

After the party, we headed to Daniels Park to hit golf balls into the horizon and have a bonfire. I had a couple good swings (thanks to an awesome coach) and we all shared laughs, crys and great fellowship.

The night ended with burning of the ex's photographs in the charcoal grill. If Brent and I come down with some weird cancer, don't inhale picture fumes.

I may have not expressed to my loved ones enough last night, but I have never felt such a deep love for and connection with friends before. I was telling Steve the other night how God has revealed to me a glimpse of His love through my friends and family these past two months. That portion has given me the strength to endure what He has in store for me the next two years.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

...but more importantly...why was i invited to the "Bon Voyage Bash"?