Let me tell you, I am not easily scared; in fact, people came to me for comfort during the tsunami. But last night was a different story. One roar was so extreme that a glass on my desk lit up (it is a fun cup that lights up when it is hit HARD). My first instinct was to pray. I didn’t know how or what to pray for. I had never experienced anything like it. This was the first time that I felt as if a cloud was fixed directly over my house with flashes of light striking and crackling thunder shaking. After I prayed in tongues, I started reading my Bible and found comfort in that. I fell asleep about an hour later.
Later that morning I asked Candice and Sina if they had slept through the storm and they both said that they did not and were also trembling in fear. Because the rain had not stopped, the school grounds were pretty much flooded. We went to school and they decided to cancel it. Some of the girls were still around waiting for rides and I saw one of my students weeping. Her sister helped her into the car and then I found out that her mother had just passed away.
Candice and I felt cooped up, so we decided to take a taxi to town and do some shopping. The streets were flooded, but we were determined. We walked to Lucky Foodtown in knee deep water. I wish I had my camera to share some photos.
No comments:
Post a Comment