After seeking direction and guidance from the Lord today, my day went much better. I went to my Math class and most of them turned in their homework. They worked on their exercises quietly and listened attentively when I talked. I figured out how to handle my year 12 class. I am going to learn Publisher, make a user guide for the students and then demonstrate an example of what they have to do for the next two class periods. They are going to be split up into a group of 6 and a group of 7. The group of 6 will come to class next week and work on their projects and the other group will come the following week to work on their project. Whew! I am definitely learning how to work with the resources that I have to make things work in a timely manner. God is also teaching me the importance of relying on Him to give me strength and courage. The drastic change that I experienced from Monday to Tuesday was evidence that I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!
Saturday, September 23, 2006
First Day of School
I had been dreading this day – not only because it was the first day back from a holiday, but because it was Monday. It was extremely difficult because I couldn’t seem to organize my thoughts at all. I had no idea what I was going to teach the students. My first class was Math. I had given them an assignment to do over the break – kind of a fun collecting data and creating pie charts and bar graphs with the statistical data. I figured there would be some that didn’t do it, but was shocked when I discovered that only about 7 (out of 47) did it! I didn’t know what to do with them and therefore didn’t do anything to them. When I had my year 12 computer class I most likely confused them because I was so scatter-brained. I was given a major project to give them over the holiday that is due in three weeks. It is based on a program that I don’t know and that only 6 computers in my lab have. I could not seem to come up with a solution to the problem of the lack of resources with the time constraint.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow Sara your vaction sounded great and looked awesome. Such a beautiful place. I will pray for your brain to get settled. I get that way sometimes. And I don't have 47 students.
Jana
Post a Comment