Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Memorial Day Camping


Megan picked me up to go camping with about 30 other singles from Grace Chapel at Turqouise Lake in Leadville. We got to Leadville and then had a really hard time finding the campground. After driving around for about an hour, we finally found the spot.

We stepped out of the car into the crisp mountain air and started getting attacked by mosqitos! I was surprised that they would follow me from Samoa and that they would survive in the cold weather conditions.








The weekend was awesome. I had wonderful fellowship with my friends. We have daily devotions, a Saturday evening sunset worship service, took motorcycle rides around the lake (thank you Adam!!), played poker, suipi (a Samoan card game), beeno (shown in picture), and sat around the campfire eating s'mores.







I left Sunday afternoon with Mike in hopes of getting back for Elevation. I arrived home at 5:30 PM and rushed a shower to make it to church by 6 PM. I turned up about 15 minutes late to church and surprised a good friend of mine - DJ - whom I had not yet seen. We went and had dinner after church and got caught up.

No comments: