Sunday, March 19, 2006

Special

The Lord never ceases to amaze me when He reveals His love for me in new ways. I received something today that made me feel more special than I ever have before, and I realized that I am 100 times more special to Him and that makes me just stand in awe of HIM.

During my year 9 math class, we were playing a game and there were many girls talking, hanging out instead of paying attention. I didn’t know how to handle the girls – I felt a little overwhelmed. At the end of class I told the girls that as we continued the game on Monday, I would take point off the team who has girls talking during the game. I left feeling pretty down (usually those girls put me in a good mood with their enthusiasm). After school, three girls from the class came up to me and said “Miss Monroe, we would like to apologize for our behavior.” I told them that I appreciate it and that I forgive them. I asked if they could help me out by trying to control the conversations during class. I was impressed and touched by the vulnerability of the girls. It made me feel like they do care about Math and about me as their mentor/teacher.

I went to the post office to pick up two packages: one from my mom and one from my dear friends at Grace Chapel. My mom sent me a “Passion of the Christ” study and a copy of the DVD.

The package from my brothers and sisters at Grace Chapel was incredible. Not only did it include games, puzzles, books, home-made CD mixes, a teddy bear, post-its, candy, a DVD starring the Rock (who is Samoan, btw), deodorant (impossible to find American deodorant here), smell goods…but it also contained a homemade DVD. I excitedly put the video into Candice’s laptop. It was a tear-jerker right from the start – Steve began by offering words of support and preparing me for what was to come for the remainder of the video. It continued with two worship songs from Elevation and Ken ending the Elevation service. The video then went around to my dearly loved brothers and sisters who spoke encouraging words. I was weeping with joy. Candice heard the video from another room and asked me if she could see it. I didn’t hesitate one second to watch it again. WOW. I have never had a gift quite like this and I could never ask for more. Words cannot capture the deep gratitude that I have in my heart for you. THANK YOU, I adore you and love you all so much.

1 comment:

Ken said...

I'm so glad you felt blessed by the package! It is so cool to see how much you are loved by so many here! People just had to be a part of that package, they love you so much and so do I! Miss You!