Monday, December 12, 2005
The Longest Church Service Ever
Today’s service lasted for almost two hours. The first hour consisted of listening to various people getting up on the altar and reading off family names and how much they have donated. This is something that is done here in some of the churches and I don’t understand it. I think they use it to motivate people to tithe. I made a comment to one of my trainers about it and I offended him. It was at that point that I realized that I should think before I speak to show that I respect the culture. One thing that was great about the church service is that I was able to do some good Bible reading. I read Psalm 119 and a couple chapters in John. I also covered everyone in prayer: all my family, friends and church at home; all the peace corps volunteers; my host family. It was a great time of fellowship with the Lord.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment