Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Bucket Shower

Candice and I went shopping today – looking for some items for her to bake cookies. I spent all day yesterday shopping for all the ingredients to make chocolate chip cookies. I think I ended up going to five different stores. I baked the cookies and brought some to my next door neighbors and to the convent for the nuns.

We came back to my place so that Ryan could stop by to pick up his bike. He was supposed to meet me at 1 PM, but he never showed up. Candice and I decided to make lunch. We made rice noodles with beef, onions, garlic, carrots and green beans. It was amazing! We cook so well together.

I got home and baked some banana bread, as I already had most of the ingredients for my cookies. Marques called me and told me I had mail and asked if I wanted him to bring it over. He came over and I gave him some bread for walking all the way over. It was such a nice gesture!

I’ve been having problems with my water pressure. Yesterday I went to the Peace Corps office to ask them who to contact about my water pressure being SO low – low enough that my shower only drips and then turns off completely at the most inconvenient times (when I’m all lathered up). They drove me home to take a look at it and talked to the previous principle. Last night it was working great. I had an awesome shower. Today the water turned off in the shower again. I filled up a bucket with water from another faucet, grabbed a pot and went to the shower. I poured a pot over my head and lathered up with shampoo. I rinsed with another pot of water and then lathered up my body. I rinsed off completely and realized that I now have a new skill! To be able to shower under any circumstance!

No comments: