Monday, October 31, 2005
In Harmony with the Bugs
Today was much better. My sickness was gone…no Samoan food did the trick. Fasting for a day was just what I needed. It was our second day of on-the-job training and I conducted class. It was great and I felt right at home being a teacher. I am also getting used to the bugs. Geckos run around my bedroom walls, and I find cockroaches in my drawers, but it doesn’t bother me as much as I thought it would.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Heya Sara!
I'm loving your posts! It sounds like you're having quite the adventure, and I'm quite jealous. (Except for the adjustment to samoan food, of course. ;) )
Your experiences are definitely an encouragement here, and I'm glad that coming home was just a rumor. I have no doubt that God has some awesome experiences in store for you there. I'm sure that if God gives you the strength to deal with cockroaches in your drawers, he'll give you the strength to handle anything. Like... one of those geckos standing up and offering you a good deal on your car insurance. :)
I pray last week went well for you. I imagine you're out of the city and back in the/a village now? I'm also encouraged just in view of the the leap of faith you've made.
Ken's going to be heading to the same retreat you did. If they mention something about Mary Magdalene to him, we'll be sure to send him your way. :)
Continuing to pray for you!
In Him,
Adam
Adam!
Thanks for the post. I am so encouraged by yours and others that are keeping up with the updates. I miss you all!
Post a Comment