I got a letter today from the Peace Corps addressed to "Future Peace Corps Volunteer" and, well, I must be honest...I'm a little bit nervous. I am leaving in three and a half weeks.
The letter indicated that I will begin a two-day orientation in Los Angeles on October 10, 2005.
I am still working at EchoStar right now. My last day is next Friday, September 23. I am excited to finish that chapter of my life and start a new one, but will definitely miss a good number of people that I have become close with.
My parents left for Europe today and will be gone for the next two weeks. I started thinking about how much I am going to miss them and then started feeling aprehensive about the whole thing. I have not been away from my immediate family for more than a month.
Wednesday, September 14, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Take care of your bad self and have fun. If you get a chance stop by and see me. Oh yeah, don't drink the water.
Family is a great support system, but you have to learn to look after and care for yourself without relying on family to coddle you. Your family will always be ther for you no matter what, but you have to learn how to adapt to the world around with God's support. You know what I mean, girl? Your true support system is with the Trinity.
Hi Sara, Tried to send a package to you and the post office wouldn't take the box. Would you check your address? I bet I should add the word, Western before Samoa. (Western Samoa)
Denver's not the same without you to light it up.........Mom
Post a Comment